Building Effective Teams
We also offer Building Effective Teams workshops, which focus on developing effective leaders within a team and building collaboration across the entire team. This workshop helps leaders learn how to effectively motivate their staff and foster a positive environment for growth.
Today, you can learn how to lead an effective team with this workshop. You’ll gain the understanding and skills needed to balance the strengths and weaknesses of individual team members, take thoughtful actions, and be willing to learn from others. You’ll also become familiar with processes and structures that will help you stay balanced on the tightrope of leading others. With this workshop, you’ll know what to say, what to do, and when to do it for successful team leadership.
At the end of this Building Effective Teams Workshop, you will be equipped with the skills to foster strong core values and understand individual strengths and weaknesses. You will also be able to provide clear and direct feedback, and promote common and consistent team behaviour.
- Have a better understanding of yourself and your team
- Understand the individual strengths and weaknesses of your team members
- Possess a high level of tolerance for different operating styles
- Provide clear and direct feedback for team members and respond positively to feedback received
- Apply The 5 Dysfunctions of a Team to your teams current performance
- Develop higher levels of trust between team members
Does your team perform at Altitude?
Would you like to discover your team’s Altitude? Take our quick Team Altitude Quiz and find out how high you and your team members can fly! A small increase in Altitude can have a lasting effect on the performance of your team. So, what is your team’s Altitude?
Your team altitude is determined by:
- How well your hold your team to account (Accountability),
- How well you listen to what they have to say (Active Listening skills),
- How well you articulate what it is you need (Verbal Communication),
- The level of care and understanding you have of your team members (Empathy), and
- Your ability to provide clear and consistent feedback regarding performance and behaviour (Constructive Feedback).
NOTE: The purpose of the Team Altitude Quiz is to provide you with a brief snapshot of the Altitude of your team. The Altitude component of the Velocity Leadership CheckPoint is more extensive and provides great detail against 5 specific behavioural leadership traits.
The Velocity Leadership Checkpoint
Adding the Velocity Leadership Checkpoint to your Build Effective Teams workshop provides you and your team with specific behaviours your team can benchmark and measure results against.
The VLC considers 25 behavioural leadership traits, focussed in 5 distinct leadership capabilities:
- Achievement – how you take action and achieve results
- Alignment – your purpose and how ‘on track’ you are to achieve it
- Aware – how you support and understand individual behaviours (your and your team members)
- Altitude – understanding the lift and drag your team provides, and
- Adapt – the ability to adjust your leadership based on the environment you are in
The Velocity Leadership CheckPoint provides you with a clear understanding of your current leadership performance and serves as a platform for growth and leadership development. By adding the CheckPoint to Building Effective Teams workshop, you will gain insight into your leadership behaviours prior to the workshop, allowing you to focus on areas of improvement and gain clarity during the course of the workshop.
Become the Leader that others choose to follow
The easiest way to get started or to advance on your leadership journey is to book a FREE 15 Minute Introductory Session for Individuals or a 30 Minute Introductory Session for Team Leaders, using our simple online calendar.
In your session we’ll discuss your aspirations and show you how Developing Leaders can help.
Become the Leader that others choose to follow today.
Alternatively make an enquiry with Developing Leaders to find out more about Executive Leadership Coaching and we’ll be in touch.