What does it take to become a leader that others want to follow?
- Is it drive / motivation?
- Is it confidence?
- Is it a clear purpose of what you want to do and where you want to take your team / business?
- Is it the ability to coach and train a team?
- Is it the ability to be be selfless and put your team’s welfare above your yours?
- Is it discipline and will?
- Is it empathy and understanding of people’s needs?
- Is it the ability to work with a wide variety of people and work out how to get the best out of them?
- It is the experience to know what to say and when to say it?
- Is it the experience to know what to do and when to do it?
- Is it keeping people safe, happy and motivated?
- Is it being a role model – both in how you speak and how you behave?
- Is it a desire to learn more and be more?
- Is it being ‘real and authentic’ for your team?
- Is it about building and cultivating trust?
Truth is, it is about all of these things and more. Becoming a leader that others want to follow takes expertise, will, skill and persistence. It takes a desire to learn and willingness to be vulnerable.
The great thing is that these skills, behaviours and attitudes can be taught and learnt, experienced and practiced.
? What do you need to do today to be a leader that others will follow? What do you need to start doing? Stop doing? Do more of? Do less of?
Take a moment to consider your response – then put it into action. It could be the very first step you take to have others follow yours……
EXECUTIVE LEADERSHIP COACHING
Not sure where to start or what you need? Reach out and spend 15 minutes with one of our experienced coaches or facilitators to discuss your need. click on the LINK to book a time!